10/23/12

Convo

I kept thinking that the convocation was just a pointless event.
Just as a ceremony to signify the ending of a period.
Even for an ending, we did finish our studies about 5 months earlier.

When we were outside the hall and was lining up to get into the hall, I felt like it was primary school again when we used to line up before each class could enter their respective classroom. It was then that I realize there's at least a handful of people that I'm familiar with, and an even bigger lot of people that I recognize and used to study in the same hall with for the past 3 years.

Once I started asking everybody what were they doing now that they already graduated, everybody has gone on with their life, studying, working and even just resting. It occurred to me then that it could very likely be the last time we meet each other face to face. Sure everybody says to keep in contact and to meet up for drinks, but in reality people grow apart really fast.

3 years ago I remember that during the first few days I kept thinking how come people are so different from me. In fact most people are really different with the kind of people I used to mixed with. I was reserved at first, preferring to stick to myself. But after some time you'd realize that different personalities and interest are just that, and deep down we're all the same, we all worry about our results, we all worry about our assignments, we all worry about the upcoming mid term test. Even like the small stuff such as parking or the rain or what to eat, we all go through the same things for 3 years.

In the end when I realized that there was so many people that I had grow fond. There were so many people who were not in my life for 4 months, and it could be even longer until we see each other again.

I guess I'm really gonna miss you guys. I Hope that one day when we do meet each other once more everybody will be successful in their pursuits and happy in their life.

3 years isn't a really long time, but it really isn't a short time too. I guess the convocation was more meaningful than I expected. One thing is for sure, I will miss playing futsal with the bola kaki gang a lot. Playing futsal won't be the same without you guys.

Happy Convocation all my fellow grads~

No comments: